Mr. Shiao is an associate at Vassell & LeeRC Law Group. He handles the firm's litigation matters and assist with all types of immigration cases.
Before joining Vassell & LeeRC Law Group, Mr. Shiao was a law clerk at a Maryland immigration firm, where he helped Chinese corporate clients obtain a variety of employment visas. Mr. Shiao was also deeply involved in a number of pro bono projects, helping displaced individuals, including refugees and unaccompanied minors, obtain status and settle in the United States.
Mr. Shiao graduated from The George Washington University Law School in 2014. His study focused on public international law. As member of the Moot Court Board, he represented his school in a prominent international moot court competition.
Outside of work, Mr. Shiao enjoys choral singing, cheering for the Washington Wizards, and taking weekend rides on his motorcycle. Mr. Shiao is an immigrant. He was born in Taiwan and became a United States citizen in 2008.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Maryland, 2014
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2014
- University of California, Riverside, Riverside, California
- B.A. - 2008
- Major: Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Judge Albert H. Grenadier Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Fan, Fitzpatrick, and Thompson, LLP, Law Clerk, 2012 to 2014
- Good Health ADHC, Social Work Assistant
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Attorney at Kids in Need of Defense, 2014 to 2015
- Pro Bono Attorney at Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland, 2014 to 2014
- Mandarin Chinese