Fiancé Visas

Obtaining a Fiancé/Fiancée Visa

A citizen of the U.S. can file a petition for a fiancé(e) visa (K-1 visa). When issued, the fiancé visa allows a foreign national to enter the U.S. and reside here for ninety days. Once the couple is married, the immigration system allows for conditional permanent residence and provides a path toward permanent resident status.

There are strict rules regarding the issuance of K-1 visas and permanent residence status. For this reason, the help of an experienced immigration lawyer is essential.

At Scott CC Immigration Law, we have helped many U.S. citizens obtain visas for their future spouses and eventual permanent status. We want to help you and your loved one make a new life together in the United States.

For a free limited telephone conversation, contact our firm.

If you are already married to a foreign spouse, there are other paths to legal residence in the United States. A lawyer at our firm can review your situation and discuss your options with you.

Efficient and Effective Legal Services

Scott CC Immigration Law has been providing family immigration services for over ten years. We provide sound advice and effective services for people from around the world.

Our lawyers can explain the immigration process and help you apply for your fiancé visa. We can help you demonstrate that your upcoming marriage is indeed a real marriage, which can speed the visa approval process. Scott CC Immigration Law can also prepare your petition for visas for the minor children of your fiancé or fiancée (K-2 visa). We will monitor the status of your petition and keep you informed of its progress. Our firm can also help your new spouse achieve permanent residence status (green card) — and eventual citizenship if that is your goal.

The attorneys and staff at Scott CC Immigration Law will do everything we can to make the legal process as smooth as possible, so that your fiancé or fiancée can join you in the U.S.

Leave a Comment